Wednesday, January 18, 2017

We Can Do This



Karen at Baublicious is offering a helping hand.  Like an angel from heaven, she has reached out with a desire to help suffering artists.  Karen has graciously put out an invitation for artists who may have an unfinished piece or two (or ten, or a hundred) to get in there and deal with them.  We artists can be a sensitive lot.  Personally I feel shame and embarrassment regarding the sheer volume of unfinished work I have accumulated over the past few years.  What an opportunity, to deal head on with my box of half finished "stuff".  Thank you Karen!


This is my UFO Box.  Maybe it doesn't look scary to you.  But when I look at it I break out in a cold sweat and my sphincters clench.  Lurking inside are all my orphan children.  Showing you this next picture is absolutely terrifying for me.  I feel so vulnerable.  But, I can do this.  Shedding light on dark corners is a good thing.  Here are some of my UFO's.


Some will get cut up.  Some I really think deserve to be finished.  It's time to confront my orphans and make some decisions.  I appreciate the fact that Karen calls it a support group, because this ain't gonna be easy.  But, I'm taking the first step and I invite you to come along as well.  Together we can do this!

Sign-ups are through the end of January.  The first Finished Object Blog Hop is March 11.  Go straight to her blog now and sign up!  You will feel a a great sense of relief.  I know I did.






6 comments:

  1. Your post made me laugh our loud at one point. And a child emerged from her room to see what the fuss was about.
    That RailRoad Track...I want to see that THAT becomes.
    I am here for you, my friend. And a few of us are going to tackle this together. Keep On Beadin' On!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everybody has it's UFO box. We are changing mind, changing beads, colours, shapes, we are flying looking for new experiences leaving unfinished work.How I know it :))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I should pick up my Mt Rainier cross stitch that I stopped working on in 2005 cause it's soooo hard. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh the amount of UFOs I have is frightening. and perhaps this is calling my name as that hop if my birthday. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz,
    We are all in the same boat I put my UFO's in a box and never looked back until I joined Karen's group, but I must say mine do not affect me in a way that they make my sphincters clinch LOL! now that was funny!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz,
    We are all in the same boat I put my UFO's in a box and never looked back until I joined Karen's group, but I must say mine do not affect me in a way that they make my sphincters clinch LOL! now that was funny!
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Welcome smart people. Please, tell me what you think.